Anika Legal Ltd is a registered charity that helps people who are disadvantaged or in a vulnerable position. We may provide advice to any person who meets the eligibility criteria below. However, we will prioritize giving more intensive assistance to people who are more vulnerable or disadvantaged. A person may be vulnerable or disadvantaged because of one or a combination of attributes and circumstances. If a person does not meet the eligibility criteria below, we will provide them with legal information.
To be eligible for free legal assistance from Anika Legal, you must fall into one (or more) of the following categories:
- Persons living on a low income or experiencing financial hardship.
- Persons entitled to receive government income support payments including a pension, JobSeeker or other welfare payments.
- Persons experiencing housing stress, that is spending more than 30% of their income on housing whilst on a household income in the bottom 40% of Australia.
- Persons at risk of homelessness.
- Have a mental illness or intellectual disability.
- Have a physical disability that prevents you from accessing mainstream legal services.
- Live in public housing or community housing.
- Be experiencing or at risk of experiencing family violence.
- Have parent/caring duties, or be suffering from some extraordinary circumstance which prevents you from accessing mainstream legal services (for instance, a temporary loss of employment).
- Persons under 18 years of age who are experiencing disadvantage and do not have access to mainstream legal services.
- Persons experiencing or have experienced substance abuse which prevents that person from accessing mainstream legal services.
- Be from a refugee or asylum seeker background.
- Be from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.
We understand that everyone’s situation is unique. Anika will provide assistance where it is more efficacious to do so than to conduct an eligibility criteria assessment.
We may be able to help you if you do not fall into any of the above categories, however we can only help you if we are permitted to do so under our charity registration with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
If you are unsure whether Anika Legal can assist you, please submit a questionnaire or email us at email@example.com.