Anika Legal is a registered charity that can only help people who are in a disadvantaged or in a vulnerable position.
To be eligible for free legal assistance from Anika Legal, you must fall into one (or more) of the following categories:
- Be an individual who earns less than $40,000 per year and have assets worth less than $10,000.
- Be a single parent who earns $40,000 per year or less, plus $8,000 per year for every dependent child in your care.
- Be from a refugee background.
- Be a parent in a couple with combined family income of $40,000 per year or less, plus $8,000 per year for every dependent child in your care.
- Be from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.
- Have a mental illness or intellectual disability.
- Have a physical disability that prevents you from accessing mainstream legal services.
- Live in public housing or community housing.
- Be experiencing or at risk of experiencing family violence.
- Have experienced hardship arising from the effects of COVID-19.
- Be suffering from some other extraordinary circumstance which prevents you from accessing mainstream legal services (for instance, a temporary loss of employment).
We understand that everyone’s situation is unique. We may be able to help you if you do not fall into any of the above categories, however we can only help you if we are permitted to do so under our charity registration with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
If you are unsure whether Anika Legal can assist you, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0451 618 383.