Property Is Destroyed

If you have a specific question that isn't listed below, please send it through to and we will endeavour to get you an answer ASAP!

Lease has ended

If the property was destroyed, the lease has ended. Tenants can ask landlords to cancel the direct debit. If unsuccessful, tenants can contact Consumer Affairs Victoria.

Red Cross emergency grant

Tenants can apply to Red Cross for a $5000 emergency grant.

Disaster Recovery Payment

Tenants whose homes have been destroyed are entitled to a Disaster Recovery Payment from Centrelink ($1000 for adults, $400 for children) – call 180 22 66 to claim.

Repaying bond

When repaying bonds, landlords cannot subtract damage caused by the fire.

Contact us

If you want to learn more about how Anika can help you, fill in your details below, and we'll give you a call.

Word Of Mouth
Legal Centre
Form submission successful!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.